Pages

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Blue Angels: Event Photographer

This last weekend, I attended an air show in the Dallas/ Ft Worth area.  It was my first air show, and wow- what an experience!  I am fairly impressed with the ability of man to fly at all, so this show completely blew me away!  Planes of all shapes and sizes were swooping and loop-de-looping all over the place!

By far, the most impressive group of the day was the Blue Angels.  (The final performance beginning at around 3pm.)  These planes flew so close to one another -at such an amazing speed- that the thought makes me want to pee my pants a little bit.  Heh... just a little.

Check out some of the amazing shots I was able to get.  The largest zoom I used was a 200, so this gives you an idea of how close these planes were actually flying to us!














PS- Feel free to check out my personal blog for some more pictures at the ground level!

3 comments:

  1. What lens did you use for these in-air shots?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your logo needs to be rastorized. It's all aliased on the edges. Try applying a drop shadow and then feahering the edges or lowering the opacity by 10% - it won't look so flat and aliased then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used my 18-200/3.5 lens

    ReplyDelete